I am trained in psychodynamic psychotherapy. I work with my clients in a warm and empathic environment to foster curiosity about patterns that have left them feeling stuck, and aim to uncover deeper feelings behind their symptoms. I offer practical solutions as well as work collaboratively to help clients achieve the results they are looking for, and outcomes that they want. I have found that this creates long-term relief.
I have worked with children and adults across a variety of settings ranging from private practice to clinics, schools, and hospital inpatient units. My specialties are in depression, anxiety, parenting, trauma, eating disorders and special needs.
For my adult clients, I meet two or three times as an intake to gather information about current problems, and then, together, we come up with a treatment plan to suit their individual needs. For children and adolescents, I will meet with the parents and with the child to discuss treatment goals and to see if psychological testing is needed.
Treatment length, frequency, and goals depend on your needs. My goal is to provide the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Post Doctoral Training, New York Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Adelphi University
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Columbia University
- B.A., English Literature, Reed College
- Mt. Sinai Hospital, Project DOCC
- Women's Mental Health Consortium
- American Psychological Association